Friday, December 18, 2020

Week #88-92 Apr. 10, 2020 The Glorious time that the Lord gives us

 Week #88-92 Apr. 10, 2020

The Glorious time that the Lord gives us

Hello everyone, This is going to be my last email. Just to let everyone know I am ok, I am alive and I got home yesterday, so dont worry about anything. 

I want to share my testimony about the mission. 
First of all, I want all of you to know that the mission is the best thing that a young man or woman can do in their whole life. You will hear that from everyone you meet honestly. But dont expect it to be easy, cause it is one of the hardest things you will ever do in your whole life. But you will never feel so close to your savior.
I know that Jesus Christ is our savior. I know He died and suffered for all manner of afflictions that we are suffering now. But I also know that when we have faith in him, we can do miracles and receive more blessings than anything else. I know that when we first trust in God and in Jesus Christ, They will be with us in all our trials. God doesn't just give us trials and lets us go, he gives us trials so we can be humble enough to see our faults and look to him for a high guidance. God wants to help us, but only if we accept our help. The only way someone can serve a mission, and really make the best of that time, is if they really look for the counsel of the Lord, BUT not only look for it, but also to practice it, put it into play, actually get the pieces to start working and moving. But if you have no desire to become better, no desire to change and leave your faults behind, you won't progress. This is the time to change, to become better servants of God, to become better people, to not only do the right things when people are looking, but to do the right things when we are alone, when we are just with the Lord. When we can choose to do that, we are choosing to be more like Christ. We choose to obey the Lord's commandments. If you have to change some things in your life, now is the time to do it! The Lord doesn't want Hesitant servants, he wants those who are willing to change right after seeing the faults and errors they make!! WE need to be those servants. And we can, only if we choose to, and humble ourselves before our creator and maker. 
My 20-21 months of service was not easy, but it was made easier with our saviors help. I know he suffered for my hard moments, the sadness that came to me at times, the sicknesses that tried to stop me from working, for everything, but all of that only helped me to see the hand of the lord in my life, that God really loves me and really wants to benefit from this time. 
I know I didn't do it perfectly. I made lots of mistakes during the mission, But I did my best, I showed my best to the Lord in the hardest times of my life. I know with all my heart he helped me and guided me along the way. 
There is a reason why they call these two years "The Best two years." It's because we have the opportunity to get closer to our Heavenly Father. We get a hint of how our Heavenly Father and his Son see us and how much they love us. We see how much he wants to help his children and how much he loves them. 
Don't waste the time the Lord gives you Missionaries and Future Missionaries, this time is yours. USE IT WELL! The Lord only gives us this opportunity once. Don't choose which side you will follow when you get there, choose now who you will serve. There are only two. The LORD, who will bless you forever for the service that you give him, or the other, who will do none of that. 
I know the mission is the best decision we can choose. I hope all of you who are of the age and worthy go on the mission. If you are not of age, prepare now for the time!! If you are not worthy, as Elder Jefferey R. Holland says, "GET WORTHY!" I loved the mission, I hope all of you can eventually have the same experiences when you get the chance.
JUst be faithful members of the church, we have the truth, and it is our duty to share the truth to all inhabitants of the earth!!!  

Mosiah 28:3 Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble. 

Alma 17:2 Now these sons of Mosiah were with Alma at the time the angel first appeared unto him; therefore Alma did rejoice exceedingly to see his brethren; and what added more to his joy, they were still his brethren in the Lord; yea, and they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were men of a sound understanding and they had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God.









No comments:

Post a Comment