Friday, December 18, 2020

Week #72 Dec. 19, 2019

 Week #72 Dec. 19, 2019


Hey guys how are you all"?? Sorry it feels like its been an eternity since Ive written a big email. these past two weeks have been pretty good!! 

We had the new changes this week so that was good, I am still in Cusco, and Im still with my comp elder Soto. But Now its been getting pretty good all the things going down in our compañionship. I feel like when we first got together we just had a bunch of problems that made it difficult to work and to actually get to know eachother. 
Now We are always chattin and doing our best to work. At least on my part haha. Sometimes I have to give my comp a bit of a nudge to get up and go out to work haha. But we get along and everything is super fun again!!
 THE MISSION IS FUN!! DONT LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE! Its fun when you have a comp that wants to work a little bit more. But when one wants to work and the other wants to not do the things of missionaries, thats when it gets a little bit more difficult. 
but last week, We did one really fun activity, it was supposed to be a christmas carol/goodbye for the hna perez in my district. So we went to the pensions house of the zone leaders and we made arepas. They are a venezuelan dish that is really good. Super easy to make too. Since my comp is from Venezuela, he made us arepa!! THey were soooooo goooood!!! Sadly we didnt have time to go caroling after but we made a bunch of delicious arepas with the hermanas in my district and it turned out to be a really fun night. It was also my comps birthday that day so we bought some cool stuff too haha. 

The arepas were such a hit that we went to a recent converts house and had a noche de hogar and made arepas again. It was a super fun night that day. We also visited a less active sister earlier that day. Her name was Sindi and she was super funny and talkative, so that makes things easier for me haha. I love talking to people, but my comp is more of a mute right now haha, but hes getting better little by little. 
Yesterday we were super busy, all morning was running around gettin pensions paid for the meals and doing some accounting skills(thanks to my accounting teacher in high school, it came in handy haha). But in the afternoon, i just wanted to teach someone that wasnt a member haha. SO we just went out and pretty much contacted the whole afternoon haha. My comp hated it, but it was super fun! We found one decent contact that we are gonna follow up on on sunday. We knocked alot of doors yuesterday, but the streets just seemed to be super empty!!! I was a little frustrated. But We decided to go and take a break for a moment and maybe get some early dinner in the plaza de armas. And also say hi to the new missionaries who were gonna be contacting in the plaza!! While there I felt like we needed to at least contact one person with all the new missionaries!! So We looked around and I saw this young lady just sitting by herself on a bench looking at his phone. Normally if they were using there phone It kinda tells you they dont want to talk to anyone haha. But We went up and talked to her for like 10 minutes!! She actually lived in our sector and agreed to meet with us again!!! After I told my comp, "Bro, Eso fue el espiritu santo guiandonos!!!!!" And it totally was the guide of the spirit!!!! After I felt we needed to celebrate, so we bought a redbull, a chocoton, and a 6 sole personal pizza and ate that in the house haha. It was awesome!!! I definitely saw the spirit this week and saw the difference in my week from all the other weeks. The difference we had was on my part, or I was the one who had to change. It was to actually have the desire to be friends with my comp and to actually help him with the things he is going through and to really learn to have patience and love him. Haha. That was my week. I love you all and miss you all. Merry Christmas and a Happy new year!!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment