Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Week #58-59 Sept. 23, 2019

Week #58-59 Sept. 23, 2019

Hey everyone, sorry for the last email. Or for not even sending the last email. These past couple weeks had been a little rough for me and my comp. I had been feeling like we had been having absolutely no success with our past couple weeks. I was doing prettty much all the teaching and all the stuff but my comp had just been super quiet i felt like. 

Tuesday i was eating lunch with one of my zone leaders (mostly cause we do that everyday, we live with them.) My comp and Elder Rawson didnt want to eat lunch so they left to buy ice cream or something. WHile i was there with Elder Willmore, I just opened up to him about all i had been feeling and everything that was going on. He gave me tons of advice and the thing that stook out to me was do a comp inventory. TO those of you who have served missions or are serving know the dreadfullness of a comp inventory. I hadnt done a comp inventory since my training cause i hated it so much haha. BUt I decided to do one with my comp to find out what exactly had been going on in my comps life. WE talked for about 3 hours. We talked, we shared, we cried. IT was tough but we found out what we needed to change as a companionship and how we were going to do it. It was super beautiful. That was the miracle we saw this week. 
This week we just decided we would spend very little time inside the room and we just went ouit and worked. The heat has been ridiculous recently, but we didnt care. We met some awesome people and some legit weirdys haha.
We went to this house of this girl we contacted in her house, buit the mom said she wasnt there and she didnt want to talk to us. A bit harsh to be honest. But We were in the deep part of the jungle in our area so we decided to try to get a reference from a young kid inour ward. He wasnt there sadly. But right next to his house there was another house deep in the jungle. I looked at my comp and said, lets do it. He looked confused but we went and did it anyways haha. As we were walking, like 6 or 7 dogs started jumping out of trees and behind the house and we both thought to ourselves, this is the end, FOR SPARTA!!! But seriously though, I was very fearful, Ive been bit a bunch already and Im just ready to start killing dogs if they come my way haha. But we just stuck it out and TRIED to show no fear. Then this old man comes out of the house, with a big bushy handlebar mustache. He did not look peruvian in the slightest. We talked with him and right off the bat he said, oh im actually catholic. I was like, thats ok, we are just missionaries and we just wanted to say hi and maybe talk a bit with ya. Turns out he was from Trujillo area, and he has kids that live in Virginia and he knows lots of english. He told us he has a friend who knows us, but that she was in South Africa right now. Very Excitedly I said, Hey I have a Friend who is in south africa right now as a missionary too!!! HAha it was a great conversation we had with this old guy and he was super friendly. We talked and jsut got to know him for like 20 minutes then we left. But MAn it was super cool. 

THis week we had a small 1 hour long zone conference with the president. It was really good, super short but awesome. 
Also this week, we went to a baptism with  these two investigators we have. Surmy and Wendis. THey are cousins from Venezuela. We told them a little about the baptism and they told us that they both loved it!!! BOOOOOMM! Hearing that made me so happy and AAAAAA just makes you love the time you have in teh missiona hahaah. 

This was a little from my week, Sorry if you dont like it haha but I love you ll and miss you all tons!! 

lots of pics. 
Families we have been visiting 
Messing with the settings on my camera haha
Me and my comp

Slacklining the pday a week ago 








No comments:

Post a Comment