Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Week 50 im pretty sure haha. (IT's week #51)

Week 50 im pretty sure haha. (IT's week #51)


Hello Family! How is everyone doing!? Hopefully amazing!


This week was crazy! But crazy fun!! We did a lot to help Ninoska get baptized this week. First Ill tell you guys about the interview that Elder Willmore did with her.
So just a little about Ninoska, She has lived in Puerto her whole life. She is 31, although she looks like she is 22 haha. But she is probable one of the most prepared person I have ever met to listen to the lessons and be baptized! 
SO on Thursday, We went to Ninoskas house to pick her up to go to the interview. As we were walking she kept tell us how nervous she was and all, she had studied all the pamphlets we had given her and all to get ready for the interview haha. She really wanted to pass it! WE helped her out a but and just gave her some encouragement. So we get to the church, the zone leaders are there but they wanted to do a small divisiones with us. So we separated, my comp went with Elder Rawson to a quinsinera, or that party they do for a 15 year old girl that we all know. And I stayed with Ninoska and Elder Willmore. Then they went in to do the interview and i stayed outside. They were in there for an eternity it felt like. I kept thinking something crazy is gonna come up and prevent her from getting baptized! Eventually about an hour later, they came out. With big smiles and all. I Looked and Elder Willmore and he gave me the nod that she had passed!!! BOOOM! Then we talked alittle bit more to Ninoska and then bounced to the party. Later I asked Elder Willmore about the interview, he just looks at me and says, It was Crazy! He said that he had never done an interview where the spirit was so strong, and never met someone so willing to change everything just to be a member of the church! IT was music in my ears cause i had been thinking all those things at the same time!! How spiritually prepared she actually was!! SHE WAS PREPARED! 
Then we went to a 15 years birthday party that ill show some pics of. But it was for a girl named Rosa that I had met while going on divisiones with the zone leaders. She knew all of us and We spent the rest of the night with them and ate cake and talked and joked with all of them. It was a lot of fun. 

Then on saturday we had to no joke get everything prepared for the baptism. So my companionship and the Sister leaders we all went to the church, started to fill up the font, set up chairs, a TV, And clean up a broken mirror in the girls bathroom, and then just waited for people to show up. And then Ninoska came with her niece, Sister, cousin and a friend!! IT was awesome, man I can see her definitely going on a mission. Sadly none of the Young single adults could come to the baptism, cause it was during a big old YSA convention they are having in Cusco! But It was still the best and the Spirit was there. After Everyone left we stayed to clean up everything and later that night i sent a Congrats text to NInoska and A BIENVENIDOS to the church family haha. After she sent a very kind and grateful message that said, "Hermanos Thank you for finding me and teaching me. I know that my heavenly father loves me cause he sent me two angels to search for me." It was a testimony builder for me that I know this work is really the work of God, and that there are so many people out there that need the gospel in there lives. 
The Next day at church we waited for her in the chapel. And She didnt come when we started. Turns out she had to do something at work and was literally running from work to get to the Church!! She was confirmed member of the Church and it just made everything even more special. To See someone start from the beginning, slowly progress, but in the end see that complete change in everything that they do and in everything that they are!! The Gospel really changes lives for the better! 






No comments:

Post a Comment