Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Week #45-46 Forgiveness Please!!! June 24, 2019

Week #45-46  Forgiveness Please!!!
June 24, 2019

HI




Please forgive me for last week. I Cant remember what happened last week but I might have forgotten to write a big letter. But Im writing a letter now so thats awesome!!!

So this week was super fast. But Most of the week we spent most of our time helpin out one of our investigators with a baptismal date! WE visited her a bunch just to get her ready for her baptism on saturday. 

First thing that was good was I did divisions with Elder Snizek from Montana. At first i was not thrilled. But I learned a lot. That guy asked me some crazy questions haha, like what is faith, or what is love, why does god love us, what is the whole purpose to love. Stuff like that, and at first it was just a joke ya know, but then we actaully talked about that stuff in the sense of a missionary and why we need those things as a missionary. It was insane! and To be honest I was sad to see the divisions end!! Haha im pretty sure im like the only missionary to say that haha. But It opened my eyes to more and it was awesome! GUYS THE MISSION IS JUST AWESOME!! GO ON A MISSION, ITS THE BEST! 

But So we had to get this girl Liliana who is 13 to go to do her interview. We went to her house, we werent expecting her to be there but she was there! So we had some time to kill, so we decided to sit down and answer any questions she might have had. And she did.... Turns out she had looked up a lot of information about the church to see if it was the church she wanted to be apart of. She found alot of antimormon stuff and asked us about everything she had read or seen. So I just responded to everything she asked in the best way I could, which was suficient for her. But Then she said she watched a video about another church talking about when joseph smith saw god and Jesus christ. She told us that in the video they said that the devil came to joseph and thats how the church started.
 Then I, Being a bit heated I will be honest, said to her,   That is not true. There is something i want to share with you that we as missionaries dont normally share about when joseph smith was in the woods that day.
Then I just told her about when he was praying, and how satan literally tried to stop Jospeh from praying to god to receive an answer. How satan was there, but he tried to stop Joseph! then As I talked about the Part when he sees the light, I almost couldnt say it cause It was just so powerful! I was on the verge of crying and man, I know that see felt it, i have never seen anyone so atentive in a lesson. I know it hit her hard.

After that, I was thinking we should push her baptism back just so we could have more time to work with everything. I said, so about your interview.... and she jumped back and was like, yep Let me just change my clothes and we can go!! I was dumbfounded! She was so ready to go! 

She passed her interview and was baptized on saturday!! I couldnt watch all of it cause I was in charge of buying all the refreshments. But It was awesome, we had a noche blanca, or white night. 7 people were baptized and it was awesome!! 

Sad news, today I said the last goodbye to one of my good buds today. RIP to Elder Clancy. But for those of you going to BYu this fall, look him up!!!

I love you all and miss you all tons!!!

La Noche Blanca
The Traditional peruvian picture, without any smiles
Us at the baptism
Random kid almost knocks me over

Lastnight goodbye with E Clancy and E Vilca 

No comments:

Post a Comment