Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Week #23 Jan. 14, 2019

Week #23 Jan. 14, 2019




Hello Friends and family!! Man this week was actually so good. So on sunday and monday i was in Cusco to go to Machu Picchu. All monday long we were traveling by train and car to get there. one hour in car from the church to Urubamba, then 3 hours in train to the small pueblo of Machu Picchu. It was insanely fun. The pueblo of machu picchu is so crazy cool, like tiny, but it has like thousands of people living by the river in middle of these huge mountains. Then we went to The Machu Picchu and it was so beautiful and amazing. My words cant describe how awesome it was, but i took like 200 pictures and i hope that you recieved a couple of them. After it was time to go back to work, but man this week was really good. We didnt have a ton of success, but we still met with a lot of new people and got a reference in Pitumarca of 2 people. Roger and Leonor, we met with them and they were really cool, they aren't married so that might take some time to help with, but they could potentially progress more. 

One funny story from this week. I was sitting in sacrament meeting in sicuani, and there was this little kid, probably around 7 or 8 years old, and we both make eye contact with eachother and being funny we both start to glare at each other. Then he does the finger thing, Like i got my eye on you, so i did it back!!. Then he turns around, but lifts up his hand towards me like a true savage that doesnt give a crap, and show off his middle finger to me. HAHA a 7 year kid flipped me off in sacrament meeting. It was so funny. I was dying. 

It has been raining a butt ton this week, everyday starts out sunny, then aroudn 5 or 6 it just pours for hours. I started to sleep with my beanie now and oh its so nice. Something cool that happened this week was everytime it started to rain, we were in a cita with someone, after the cita, the rain would stop. My comp said this 3 different times, when we get to the house it is going to pour. ANd sure enough it did. But three different times that happened. IT was crazy!! That right there just shows you how the lord really does protect his missionaries so they can keep doing the work. IT was a good week and i will send a couple pics. Love ya Guys tons.

Elder Clawson

Querido Familia, yo quiero que todos de ustedes saben que yo amo cada uno de ustedes muchismo. Yo sé que la obra del Señor es verdadera, y yo sé que el Señor les proteja en cada momento de sus vidas. Si la mision es muy duro y dificil, pero con la ayuda del hijo Jesucristo, Podemos ser felices en cada momento de oposición. Les amo mucho.
Ciao!! 

Mom How are you, i feel like we havent talked in a while. I hope you are getting my emails. And especially all the butt ton pictures i sent last week. I thought you might like to see my beautiful face haha. I dont know whats going on right now, cause none of ya guys emailed me this week. But thats ok, whenever you can is good. Im doing good. this week was surprisingly really good. I thought it was going to be hard but my comp was in a totally different mood the whole week. so that made a huge difference, he is super trunky right now, always talking about going home in 2 changes and stuff like that, and when he does that, it makes me trunky too haha. Im doing good though, and miss you guys tons. The work is stupid hard and exhausting, but i just need to trust and have more faith in the lord. 

I have the scripture for my plaque if you want it, Ether 12, 26 i think it is, it talks about how the lord gives us challenges to make us humble. and I have really come to know that is true. WE need to be humble to return to live with our heavenly father, humble as a child is humble. Especially in the mission, you cant do anything if you arent humble. I love you mom and miss you. I hope everything is going good this week. Love ya.}

Tu Hijo con Cabello rojo (Your favorite Red Headed son!)
Elder Clawson

No comments:

Post a Comment