Tuesday, July 25, 2017

I Love Being A Missionary!

July 16, 2017 email


My beloved family and friends!!!! This week was great. I think last week I had one of the coolest pday in maybe my whole mission. We woke up early with our Member Zheng JM and her family and went to a little town on the outskirts of TAidong called Luye. It's beautiful and SO GREEN. So we went up there to see a performance. It was done by the aboriginals of Taidong, They sing and dance together! It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen and I may or may not have cried at one point because I thought it was so cool.......Agh I am a baby now...I cry really easily. but for reals it was the sickest thing in the world! afterwards we drove around and saw all sorts of cool mountain scenery of Taidong:) and then before we went home we stopped and saw Hot air balloons!! IT WAS THE MOST MAGICAL THING OF MY LIFE!!!
All in all it was a super duper fun pday:)

you guys this week saw a lot of cool miracles. But I just don't have time to write the nitty gritty details. But I promise I will tell you in person soon. I'll give you the quick run down of the amazing things that Heavenly Father was able to help us see this week:)
First off was the LA's that we were able to contact this week. The first was Chen JM. We simply got to know her and shared with her a mormon message about healing. She cried and cried and said that she hasn't felt the Holy Ghost for such a long time. she said she has the biggest desire to start coming back to church. 
the next Was Fan DX. He said that he hasn't been contacted by missionaries or members in 18 years. He has a big desire to quit smoking and drinking again but doesn't believe in himself. We invited him to come to church. Yesterday he was flooded with members loving him and welcoming him! AGH THIS WORK IS SO GOOD! LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR PEOPLE!

This week I also went on my last exchange! I went with Sister Austad. It was a lot of fun:) and we treated ourselves to not one, but 2 MANGO ICES!! the best.
I actually feel like this week was also just full of a lot of delicious foods.


And we got HUGE news for the week. Guo JM finally set a baptismal date!!!!!!!! She has been to church 4 times, reading the BOM, praying. agh she's awesome. But she was always just a little unsure about setting a baptismal date. This week we shared with her the Gospel of Jesus Christ and asked her how she felt about baptism. She just smiled and said she was excited about it. We then invited her to be baptized on August 26th and she just so pumped and said, "Ke YI!!!!!" 
perfect!! We are so excited for her and her cute cute cute family:)
I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!
I know this gospel is so true. I'm know that Christ lives. He's the perfect example. Literally all we have to do everyday is ask ourselves,What would jesus do. If we can all have this attitude and follow his example and use the  Atonement daily in our life, we will be happier and see miracles everyday:) I LOVE YOU GUUS!!!!!!!! ONE MORE EMAIL!!!!!!
OXOXOXOX
EMMMA

No comments:

Post a Comment