Monday, May 2, 2016

The Roaches Are Out.....


Wowzers. Another week dead and gone. 
Honestly..the time is so weird when you are on  a mission. Endless. But so fast. So dang weird.
Last monday we went to one of our favorite spots for Pday, we get together with the Elders and go to the Game Place..It's just a shop chuck full of games...It's awesome! so much fun. We play forever and all laugh our heads off together. I'm blessed to have such a killer district!

This week we also had Trainer Trainee follow up meeting! Talk about AWESOME. It was so much dang fun to see my mtc lovvers;) I love them all so much and they are all doing so great! We've all been going through similar challenges, cried together, talked forever, and recharged for the new transfer and the last inning of our training:) We have the best leaders and Mission President who are so inspired and know how to keep us happy and successful. I AM SO GRATEFUL.

MTC Besties back together for an afternoon.  Emma said it was wonderful!!  I can't believe how much I love these girls and I don't actually know them, but in 14 months I hope to hug them!!
We had some sad news this week, thursday night, both of our most progressing investigators that would have been getting baptized this weekend both dropped us. We are completely heartbroken. It's hard to know if we gave it our all. But, what it really comes down to is their agency. Satan is the worst and knows all of our doubts, fears, and weaknesses. I'm so sad for Zhuang and Jia DX, but I know we gave it our all and planted a deep seed in their hearts. One day they will be ready and become truly converted and put their faith in the Lord. Pray for the rest of our investigators to be strong.

Missions are Physically, spiritually, mentally, and emotionally draining. We are at our strongest and our weakest! I'm positive Satan knows us just as well as Heavenly Father. Don't let him get into your minds people!!!! He's the biggest jerk in the world and wants to rip us apart everyday!

Finding people on the streets of Zhongli.
We've been blessed to have been able to find tons of new investigators this week. The scriptures on the street are killer:) We are just like, :"can I share my favorite scripture with you? " BAM! Lives changed. Sometimes...ahah:) 

We are also the new ADVANCED English teachers! Oh man, its' so fun:) Our class is awesome and they all have killer english. I learned an important lesson though...never bring up wakeboarding to a bunch of asians...they have no idea what it is....then your entire english lesson turns into explaining and acting out what wakeboarding is....:) it was awesome:) They think I'm the coolest. Well, maybe. I think I'm cool so that's all that matters. 

Dinner with some favorite friends.  Notice the gentleman's shirt.  James has the exact same one!  It's the Plan of Salvation:)

Mango Boba Smoothies!  It's a mango smoothy with big black chewy tapioca balls in the bottom that you slurp up through the super fat straws.  It may sound odd, or yucky, but we LOVE THEM!!
Some fun tidbits:)

I also had a mango bing. 
It changed my life:)

I've eaten 8 whole pineapples by myself so far in training.

Probably 1000 kiwis.

My legs and butt are so strong from biking and exercising. yes!

We met a super drunk guy last night. He told me I was beautiful and that If I ever needed anything to CALL HIM. He was great:)
I'm so grateful for the crazy Taiwanese people. They make me so happy. The biggest sweethearts in the world!
 
Love you so much family.
xoxo
emma

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like she's having amazing experiences! It's so fun to read about Emma's adventures. I have so many memories surfacing as I read her letters. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad those four cute MTC friend get to see each other every once in a while. It makes Abbie-Kate so happy!! I think all the girls and all their mom's should get together when they get home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad those four cute MTC friend get to see each other every once in a while. It makes Abbie-Kate so happy!! I think all the girls and all their mom's should get together when they get home!!

    ReplyDelete