Thursday, March 3, 2016

Hark All Ye Nations

All the sister's!  (Except for Emma's favorites, Sister M and Sister S who were off being social!)
Hello my familia!!! This weeks email will probably not be to long because I've got all sorts of crap to get done...know why?....cause it's my last pday at the MTC!!!!!!!!
YAYAYAYAY! I never ever thought that this day would come:)

This week has been chuck full of lots of personal coaching time so we can get all the last minute things in that we need before we head out to Taiwan. My focus has mostly been on grammar and tones...so help me they are kicking my trash. 

All the girls by their room the night before Sister Money left for Canada.  
We did a practice teach with the other mandarin zone that is going to taiwan and that was a blast! i taught about the word of wisdom. The girl that taught me talked about the Law of Chastity. She did great;) 
I also went on teaching splits yesterday with a fast track Sister from Hawaii! Her name is Sister Yee. She lives with us in our room and is companions with me and sister apsley when we go to eat and bed and stuff;) She's awesome! It was cool to teach with her. We also ran a 5k this morning on our way to and from the temple because she forgot her recommend...bless her heart. hahahaha good times at the MTC. 

A candid Groupie in the hall between classes!  
Sunday was awesome! Because we got released from being sister training leaders!!!! YES. I was so pumped. It was such a fun calling, but we were more than ready to pass the reigns onto someone else;) That night we had an awesome devotional by Stephen B. Allen. We've heard him once before, but again he did a great job. Talked about being worthy to be on a mission... then he shared a story that made everyone feel really really awkward....it was great:) 
Sundays are the best!

These are the Elder's in Emma's district. She titled this picture #freshcuts.  (They all just got haircuts.) They will not be traveling with the girls to Taiwan.  They are headed all over the United States:)  They will be missed!
Me Sister Apsley and Sister Money had our last skype TRC on Monday night! It was amazing. The perfect one to end on. We taught a sister named Pearl who lives in Oregon and is from Taiwan. She was incredible and thought that we were all just hilarious and white. Cause we are, lets be honest. We shared about how we can receive revelation through The Book of Mormon and the spirit was so strong! She shared some killer experiences that were beautiful. :) I'm never going to work at the MTC but I would definitely volunteer to do TRC;)
Emma's two beautiful companions!!  Sister M left a few days ago for Canada, and it was a sad day.
Last night we had our last session of choir:( It was so good! we finished with the song, "Hark All Ye Nations." It was amazing!!!!!! Choir is how you survive the MTC. The devotional was by Brent Nielson of the 70. It was awesome. He shared so many stories that had been shared with him by the prophet and apostles that were so touching. We are so blessed to have a living prophet on the earth today! One of the many super duper awesome things about this gospel.

Just so you all know, I know I talk about the MTC usually in a very negative way. 
Not going to lie, the MTC has been the hardest thing for me and I haven't loved it all the time..BUT. Without the MTC my relationship with God would not be NEARLY as strong as it is now. I've been so blessed with amazing teachers, the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost, and comfort from the Lord. I have learned so much and will only continue to keep learning when I'm in taiwan!! Hopefully I'll be able to speak chinese in a few months..:) the MTC truly is an amazing and sanctified place. I'm so grateful for the experiences I've had and the friendships I've made here. I love you so much!

Till next time! IN TAIWAN!!!!!!
XIE XIE NIMEN

oxoxoxoxo
sista clawson

No comments:

Post a Comment