Monday, September 15, 2014

The Members Love Helping The Missionaries!

Sept. 1, 2014 Letter Home

Elder Clawson and his district in Prishtina Kosovo.  Handsome men!
My family in America! 

I had a great week! Monday night was spent waiting for people to come to family home evening but no one came. That was a bummer but it gave us time to go street contacting! HALLA! As we talk with people in the road, one guy stops with his wife and we start talking to him. Usually when we street contact we have to stop the people but he stopped and asked us what we were doing. His name was Adem and I had the best street contacting experience of my life with him. He wasn't part of any religion but he really liked the message that we had to share. We talked with him for about 20 minutes just on the street and we were just having the best spiritual moment. As the Prishtina District would say, we were vibing spiritually. He agreed to meet with us at some other time and then he gave us his number and we said "Sure thing boss." 

The following morning we had a lesson with him at about 9 o'clock. We sat at the church, said an opening prayer, and gorged our ravished souls with a spiritual harvest. We had such a great lesson. He was super open to everything we were saying and then he was telling us how he wanted to bring others as well. At the end of the lesson we invited him to be baptized and he looked at us and said "I join with every good idea there is." So we took that as a yes. As we were all leaving he looked at us and in English said, "We're friends." and we knew that this guy was an answer to our prayers. He's been working all week but we will be meeting with him very soon. He is awesome. 

Ward activity of UNO.
Later on that day we met with this kid named Liridon. And he was so ready for the gospel. We had a great lesson with him and talked a lot about prophets as we were chatting about the Restoration. He was really liking the whole idea that we are guided today. He also accepted to be baptized when he came to a knowledge that these things are true. He was really good and I can't wait to meet with him again this week. 

We have one investigator named Nezir that we found a couple weeks ago and he has turned into a wonderful golden investigator. He is preparing to be baptized,and he is doing great. We have taught him 3 times and we are always astonished by how spiritually in tune he is. He doesn't say a whole lot but he asks questions if he's not understanding everything and he seems to get most of it. We know he's thinking a ton even though he ain't saying a whole lot. He came to church yesterday too and he got pretty close to one of the members named Nazim. They're about the same age, like 55, and it's good to see some members helping us out. Lots of hope for Nezir. 

P-day activity as sightseers.  Catholic Cathedral
One thing that I'm loving about the branch up here is the whole fact that the members love helping the missionaries because they were helped by members when they were investigating and they know exactly how it feels to not have anyone be there to support you besides two little boys. We get tons of help from the members but now we are just working on the referrals and getting them to not feel ashamed for letting the world know what religion they're a part of. 

The sisters gave us a referral that they found the other day named Mensur. We met with him one morning and he brought his friend Vallan with him. (Just so ya know, Albanian names are nothing like Kosovar names.) And we had a really good lesson with them. Mensur is a baker and has to work quite often so we haven't had the chance to talk to him again but hopefully we can get with him this coming week. 

More P-day activities with Elder Price and Elder Clawson.

Elder Clawson overlooking Prishtina, Kosovo.
Other than that we've just been doing a ton of finding. The people that we baptized a few weeks ago are doing great. Suad, the young man, just came back from the YSA conference in Korça and loved it. All of the Mormon Girls in Albania probably fell in love with him. The Jashari family is doing great as well. John, the dad, helped prepare the sacrament yesterday and he did a great job. He's super old and can't hear, read, or see very well. But man he is so fun. He has that huge mustache and he has the greatest sense of humor. 

Last night we were walking home from the church and this guy wanted to show us the the extent of his English so he said "F you." Elder Price and I were both taken by surprise so the only thing that I could say back was "Um... thank you." and then we both died laughing at how stupid both of those statements were and I think the guy thought that we were just laughing at him. 

Well that's my week. EMMA!! You look smoking in your pics! You have grown up since I've left. (shocker!) I hope you all have a good time in Bear Lake. I love you all so much and I miss ya tons! Thanks for all that you are doing to help me out!! 

Love, Jed

Dearest Mother, 
I don't know if the dropbox thing is working for you. If not just tell me. I hope everything is going well. I heard it's getting colder there though. I really wish it would get cold here so the girls will actually put some clothes on. The immodesty here is ridiculous. Tons of nasty. Well anyways, I love you and I want you to know that I know this church is true! I'm not wasting my time. I'm trying my hardest and trying to improve. Have a great week!

Love, Jed

No comments:

Post a Comment