Tuesday, May 13, 2014

People Hunger For A Glimmer Of Hope



Dear Family!!
Man, I had a fantastic time chatting with ya'll last night. So yeah right now I'm in Tirana and I just got my package!! HALLA!!! It is so flipping awesome! Thank you so much!!
So this week was really great in Durrës. We met some really good people this week that we feel will really progress. We met this couple, Beni and Linda, who met the missionaries about 15 years ago and then the elders left and no one met with them again. Beni saw us sitting outside a crepe joint and he came and said hi and we got his number and we've already met with him once and we are super excited to see where they go.
Another cool thing happened to. We came home one night from work and we always stop at this little bakery thing right across the way from our house and we went over and there was this guy there that had just bought something. He heard us talking to each other in English and then he started talking to us in English and asked what we were doing and why we were here. He has some friends in Italy that are Mormon and they have shared a little bit with him. Just comes to show that you shouldn't waste opportunities to share the gospel with people!!
Street contacting.
Something that I didn't mention last night was that we street contacted into a guy named Julian and he lives outside of Durrës in a little village.  We went out and met him and had a fantastic lesson about the Restoration! Before we had begun we asked him what he thought about God and he said "I kinda think of God as like our dad. He wants to take care of us." So needless to say, he's on the right track. We're gonna meet the rest of his family this week. He's 30 years old and has a wife and a litle boy. We really hope that they accept everything cuz they are awesome. 

Elder Watson is doing great. He is enduring my weirdness. Nënë's (little old ladies) are still rubbing my back and stuff. It's getting really hot here though. Like I'm dying today. BAD PITS!!
Members in Durres.  The young man on the left is getting ready to go on a mission himself!

Tell everyone that I love them and that the church is true! One fantastic thing that I've seen this week is how people are starving for something in their lives, and then they come and find us and realize that we have what they've been looking for. People hunger for a glimmer of hope and truth. And we don't offer just a glimmer, we offer the whole shin dig. I love seeing people come to the realization that God loves them, we love them, and that they can have eternal life as long as they put in a little effort and don't give in to the horrible temptations of the world. I LOVE BEING HERE!!
That's all I've got for this week. I love you guys. Peace out.
Love, Jedediah
Dear Mother, 
I am glad to hear you enjoyed chatting with me. Tell Kayd I said hi back if you can. I hope I didn't weird you out last night with all of my weirdness. I love you so much! Thanks for being the best mom ever and I hope you had a good Mother's Day!
Love, The Eldest

No comments:

Post a Comment