Friday, October 5, 2018

The CCM Is Crazy! Week #2 Aug. 22, 2018

Hola Everyone!! Whats UP with the world! how is everyone doing!?? Guys the CCM is flippin crazy!! Missions are crazy and so hard! But they are soooooo much fun at athe same time! If you are thinking about going on a mission, I would highly suggest it. 

This week was awesome!! I got to meet my Presidente one on one an dhes a super cool guy. From idaho, missing a finger too. Pretty cool. PDays are crazy!! You go to the temple and then you have an hour to email family. I dont know how it works in other places but thats how it does here. Everyday I am exhausted and just dying to go to bed, but you cant, you keep working and when bedtime comes, you just want to keep studying and working on stuff. My district is hilarious, maybe a little too funny. My companion is Elder Boyle from Eagle Idaho. hes awesome. Tate Jenson is in my district, Luke nethercott is in my group that arrived here on the same day. Jackson Nichols is here, and he leaves for Arequipa pretty soon. But its nice to see some familiar faces everyonce in a while. Sundays are fun, but really busy and not what I am used to. They are not relaxing. You have things to go to every minute of the day. That has been one of the hardest things for me is the time schedule. There is no time to take a break, they literally work us to death and its awesome!!

Here we play a lot of soccer. I have gotten tons better but I still suck at it alot. All the latinos here are amazing at soccer and always play it. so this week we and a bunch of other elders get together everyday and play the latinos in soccer for an hour. ITs so much fun but last monday we almost got in a huge all out brawl. Luckily i was not part of it, but it was getting heated and my team was part of the problem. They have a "no competion" rule so we dont get in fights and now i understand why it is there. We do classes and we do role playing as missionaries. it was me and my companions turn to be the missionaries and our maestro was the investigator. Our maestro is like 5 foot tall and from Peru. All Peruvians are like stupid short, its hilarious. But i told elder boyle that we were gonna play like in the best two years and just stick our hands out and freak him out. To my surprise, im pretty sure he actually was scared, a tall redhead holding his hand out and approachning him in a threatening manner? ya i would have been scared too. After though we laughed about it and he always gives me crap about it now.

everynight the traffic is crazy here. horns and sirens are always going crazy. I pretty sure Ive heard gunshots a couple of times and thats a bit frightening. 
I love you all and miss America, but I love it here and cant wait to teach the gospel in Cusco.
Elder Clawson.


Dear Mom, 
Thank you for that awesome letter you wrote. How are Jane and Seth?? I love all the wonderful details that you wrote to me. What else has been going on around home. what else have you guys been doing, how are jed and grace doing?? MOm i love you guys all so much and miss you all a ton! The CCM is the Centro De Capaticion Misional. Thats the MTC in spanish but its easier and more fun to say the CCM. Our compound is not very big at all. It has these 3 small but somewhat tall buildings in it. A, B, and  C. A is where all the offices are. B is where we have classes and dorm rooms. C is the cafeteria and auditorium. 
There is not a lot to take pictures of around here. But ill try to send you some from the computer this week. This week has been really good. I had an interview with Presidente Elllesworth and that was really nice, he is super cool, he's from idaho, and is missing a finger, and is very kind and super interested about everyone. My district is hilarious and I love them all. On sunday they pic random missionaries to give 5 minute talks in spanish and my Companion Elder Boyle, got called on to give a talk! WE had a devotional on Sunday night and that was really fun. Elder bednar had a talk that we just watched about the holy ghost. One day i was walking down the hallway and I couldnt find Elder Boyle. I yelled for him and he grabbed my shoulder and said, "I always here Elder." I dont know what it was but i died laughing and i havent forgotten it since.

Everyday we have an hour on physical activity, and this whole week pretty much we played futsol, which is just soccer on the concrete. It was pretty dang cool I must say. We played against all the Latino Elders. they are amazing and it is so much fun. But on MOnday We got to play on the big turf field and the latinos were going so hard and we were going so hard that it almost ended in a fist fight between the latinos and the gringos here. Its funny cause all the latinos call us Gringos. So thats what we call ourselves now and it sticks. I seriously miss the American food. All they feed us here is rice, meat and juice. If i dont seriously watch what i eat I will gain tons of weight. If you want to send  me anything mom you really can! It just takes a long time to get here. I love you mom and i will try my best to email everyone but its hard because we dont get alot of time.  I love you all and miss you all!

Elder Clawson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment