Monday, December 15, 2014

So Great To Serve Here

Dec. 8, 2014 email
HEY FAMILY!!!

So yes I had a fantastic week full of busy-ness and stuff like that. Monady we were able to meet with this guy named Arber that we had found in the street a while back. He saw us and asked us if we pray everyday and we said "Yeah..." And then he asked us if we would pray for him and we said "Of course we can!" So we got his number and he left. It took a while for us to meet with him but we finally did and we taught him the Restoration. His first lesson he had before, he learned about the Plan of Salvation. He was pretty interested about Joseph Smith and he had some good questions. And he also prayed in Serbian, so yeah that was interesting too. 


Christmas Tree harvesting.
That night Elder Jorgensen and I did the zone goals. That's always fun because we totally have to rely on the Lord 100% because we don't know what the heck we are doing. The next day we woke up at 3ish and drove to Tirana again! We had the Leader Meeting with the Assistants and the other Zone Leaders. We got there at about 8ish and the meeting started at 10 so we decided to take a little nap in the car. Elder Jorgensen fell asleep instantly and when he falls asleep he breathes like a washing machine. It's not snoring it's just super loud breathing that is louder than..... I don't know, something super loud. So needless to say, I did not sleep. I sat in the car and listened to some hymns and thought about Prishtina. The meeting went well and it was kinda interesting. We had a great training from President Weidmann and then we presented our goals. We have some pretty high goals this month. Super stoked to achieve them! 

P-day playing H-O-R-S-E.  Looks like Elder Clawson got out pretty quick:) With Motra F.
After that we drove home and stopped in this little village by the border and cut some trees down for Christmas. They were way better than the ones we had found last Monday. We got home and met with Nezir and Ajdin and showed them "He is the Gift" and they loved it. We asked Nezir to ask his family if we could come over and show them the video and he said he would ask. Turns out they don't want to. Sad day. 

The next day was awesome! The sisters found a guy named Pashku and introduced him to us. He talks a ton but he is from a Catholic background and likes Jesus. So we listened to him a lot during our first lesson and we didn't have the opportunity to say much because he just went off on the Bible and stuff. Afterwards we invited him to Institute where we should "HitG" again and invited the members to invite their friends the next week. We also met with Arthur and Adhurim again and we had good lesson on Earth Life with them. They are both praying in lessons now and it's a super cool thing to watch. Hopefully we can get them on baptismal dates soon. 
Motra Z. putting up with Elder Clawson and Jorgenson.  Bless her!


That same day we also met with one of our older investigators named Nexhat. He has some family problems but he really enjoys learning. He said if he didn't live with his mom and dad then he would have no problems with coming and learning. But we taught him the Plan of Salvation and he had some good questions and just loved the whole thing. Hopefully we can see him again soon. 

Thursday we picked up garbage in the road and then had a few lessons set up. We met with Pashku again and to restrain him from talking we watched the Restoration film, (My idea. Genius.) and he was quiet long enough for us to testify and invite him to learn more. So it was good. Then we met with Ajdin and Suad that night. 

Saturday we had zone training! It was good. We talked a lot about the new Christmas initiative and the goals. And we got some new Macedonian missionaries!! 2 Elders and a Sister! Good kids! After that Elder Jorgensen and I gave a training on obedience and diligence. It was good for everyone including us. Then we met with Ajdin again that night. 

Ajdin is still doing great. He is so ready for baptism. We don't know what's up but we are just praying that he receives and answer to his prayer soon. He needs the church in his life! We read with him in his lessons now so that he can become more familiar with the Book of Mormon. 

Yes, those just happen to be homemade Oreos!!!  Jed's favorite!!  Those sister missionaries are way to nice to the Elders.  He loves them! 
Suad's cousin passed away this week so he wasn't able to come to church this week. It was a sad thing for everyone. Nezir came to church and helped me prepare the sacrament which was sweet because he got to exercise his priesthood! Church was good and we fasted for the zone so that we can accomplish our goals and for Ajdin so he will get baptized. It'll happen. I'm sure of it. 


Mission Conference in Durres a few weeks ago.  It's a fuzzy picture, but I can pick Jed out.  He's on the left side, front row, red tie.  7 or 8 over.
So that's about it for this week. I am so grateful for this time of year! And for the opportunity that I have to serve here! I never thought in a million years that I would be around so many Muslim people that are so great! I love teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ, it is helping me understand the Atonement so much more! I love being here!!

I love you all!

Love, Jed

Dearest Mamacita, 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you have a great time! I'm sorry I won't be there but I'll definitely be taking a picture for you that day. I love you so much and thank you for being the best mom in the whole world!! Thank you for yelling at me when I had bad grades and when I did stupid stuff because it's helped me be a bit better. At least I think so. I hope you have a good week and have fun!! Go ski! 

Love, The Eldest Son

No comments:

Post a Comment