Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Finding, Member Visits, and More Finding


The District!
Jan. 20, 2014 Email

Hello Beloved Family!!


So I'm happy to hear that you all had a fantastic time at Sun Valley! I am also glad to hear that Seth is becoming a beast at skiing finally!!
Well this week has been full of finding, member visits, and more finding.
 
The week started out with us just standing out on the sidewalk of Myslym Shuri, which is a pretty popular street in the Tirana e Re area and we found absolutely no one! We've spent probably about 48 hours this last week doing finding. Fortunately we've finally found several really good numbers that we've been trying to meet with. One kid is named Elton and he has met with us once. He's a really good kid and he brought his friend Geris who we also met when we street contacted into him. He has a Book of Mormon now and he's been reading but he hasn't been able to meet with us because he works a lot of the time.
Therefore, we've been doing a lot of work with recent converts and less actives. We met with this one guy named Leo and he lives out in the fshat (village:  thank heaven's for Google Translate!  I am becoming fluent:)) called Kombinat but we met with him and he said that he wants to come to church but he has some health issues and it's hard for him to go out and get to church. He is also trying to find work.  We have also been meeting with this one girl named Algida. She is a fantastic recent convert and she is booming with the Spirit. She has translated Jesus the Christ into Albanian and whenever we have a lesson with her she always asks us how we can apply the lesson to ourselves and she basically teaches us. She is so great!
 
Combined Language Study
We are meeting with the Juba family to teach them the retention lessons. They usually feed us dinner  which is pretty awesome. Samuel and Evi are doing awesome in seminary and they are passing and preparing the sacrament every single week and I'm like a proud father!! 

Speaking of being a proud father, Elder Eliason is doing fantastic! His language is getting better, slowly but surely. I had an interview with President Ford and he suggested that I have a combined language study every now and then with the other Elders in my district. We've done that twice and I've taught both of the times and I know it's helping them, but it's also solidifying my own language skills. 
Wrong bathroom Jed!  Even I can read that Albanian sign:)

President Ford asked me how my family was doing and I told him that you were all at Sun Valley skiing and he just said "Well that's sad that you're not skiing with them, but you're so blessed to be here in Albania!" And I couldn't agree more!!

Lately I've really started to see how much Albania is starting to feel like home. I'll get out of the house in the mornings and we'll say hi to the bakery lady, see the usual old guys out playing dominoes and it's nice to feel comfortable here. I really do love being here. As much as I miss all of you, I do not want to leave. It was also really cool to see Dave Johnson too!! I'm glad he got a picture with me and Elder Anderson for ya'll. It was fun to see a familiar Providence (Cache Valley) face. He just reminded me of his sister, Mary Kate!! They are so similar.
 
P-day lunch.
Tell Jake that if he's eating at a nice restaurant, they serve real buffalo burgers. But I know how he feels. Today I asked for some chicken wings, and I got 5 pitiful little things that resembled the arm of a chicken. Come on people!! All I want is some OREOS and some BBQ Sauce, Old Spice Deodorant, and good toothpaste!! (Those are things I would like in the next package.)

I hope all is well with everyone, I love you all and I miss you all!!

Love, Jed
 
Dear Mother,
Are you starting to suck at skiing now?! You couldn't keep up with everyone? I'm glad Jane is following in my footsteps. Even though I never remember saying I was sick. I'm glad to hear that Weston is okay. I don't know him very well, he hung out with another group of kids, but I had the same classes as him a few times. Thanks for keeping me updated on everything Mom, I appreciate it. I love you so much!!

Love, The Eldest Son, Jedediah

No comments:

Post a Comment